Family Liaison Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Family Liaison Officer for January 2024
Start Date: 08/01/2023
Salary: NJC Points 15 – 20, actual salary £24,320
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours – 37 per week – Full Time, term time only
Closing Date: 9am on Friday 15th December 2023 with interviews planned for week commencing 18/12/2023
St Peter's CofE Academy is seeking an outstanding Family Liaison Officer to work with our Student Development Team from January 2024.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for working with children
• Be committed to St Peter's ethos of high expectations
• Have resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
• Believe that all children can and will achieve
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a mixed 11-16 popular Church of England Academy which puts Christian values, faiths and high standards at the centre of all we do. We serve the whole community of Stoke-on-Trent and welcome students of all faiths and none.
We have a vibrant and exciting learning environment which embodies our core Christian values and the belief that we can enrich every life.
Our July 2023 staff survey graded the school as outstanding. Staff morale, staff wellbeing, staff workload and appreciation of staff achievement and contribution were graded highest across all categories.
We are proud of our staff and student wellbeing focus and we provide a comprehensive staff induction and ECT support programme with a highly commended on-going CPD programme for new and existing staff.
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a well-resourced school with a motivated and enthusiastic student body. The Academy is located in the heart of the city with excellent transport links by road or rail.
• 2 weeks holiday at October half term
• A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff
• Free Car Parking
• Access to occupational health
• Meals available on site for all staff between 8am to 2pm
• Free meals for all staff on Inset days and Open Evening events
• Occupational Sick Pay
• Exceptional leave arrangements for family events
• Free eye tests for VDU users
• A comprehensive EAP (employee assistance programme) with 24 - hour access
• Free fitness suite on site
• Money off membership of Fenton Manor Leisure Centre
• An exceptional staff well-being offer with wellbeing meetings half termly including a Menopause group
• Annual staff wellbeing day following the annual Open Evening with a host of free wellbeing activities for all staff
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered.
Informal visits are welcomed, to arrange this, please email Louise James on the above email address.
St Peter's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.