Salary: NJC SCP 9 – 11 Pro-rata £9,591 - £10,178
(FTE £20,903 - £22,183)
Hours: Hours 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 10.30am – 2.30pm
- 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Contract Type: Part-time, Term-time, Permanent.
We are looking to recruit a part-time Science Technician to help support our successful Science Faculty. Main duties will include:
• To be an effective member of a busy technician team.
• To prepare and clear away practical materials from lessons. In the first instance this could include activities such as delivering equipment to rooms, setting up apparatus, washing up and delivering books and resources. As experience develops this could involve making solutions, taking care of laboratory equipment and apparatus.
• To monitor the return and safe storage of equipment and materials on a daily basis in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
• To provide regular information about stock levels to the senior technician.
• To maintain equipment in a serviceable condition, undertaking minor repairs (where suitably trained) and recommending outside repair or replacement where necessary.
• To assist the Faculty in any further reasonable matters.
This post is suitable for someone with no previous experience, who is prepared to receive appropriate ongoing training. For further details please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification, phone Sally Hackett, refer to the School website, or email us.
To apply please complete an application form and send it with a covering letter to Mr Fergus Stewart, Headteacher.
Closing date: 1st December 2020
Interviews will commence 7th December 2020.