Teaching Assistant Level 3
32.50 hours per week (8.30am to 3.30pm), Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
St Aidan’s is a Church of England Primary Academy which is at the heart of the local community of Mill Hill, Blackburn. We were judged as Good across all areas by Ofsted in January 2020.
We are seeking to appoint a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support pupils in Reception Class with EHCPs. You will join our team working with challenging educational and socially disadvantaged children to achieve the highest possible standards whilst preparing all of our students to lead successful lives.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to join our vibrant primary academy as we continue our journey towards outstanding. As a member of the Cidari Academy Trust we work alongside other schools to continue to raise standards whilst preserving a very distinctive Christian ethos.
We can offer you:
- An exceptionally visible and supportive SLT
- Friendly, supportive staff who work positively together
- Policies that promote staff well being
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and Central Trust Team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- A level 2 qualification (or above) in children's learning or a related subject
- Ability to work with the class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning
- Ability to support learning on a class, 1:1 or group basis
- To embrace and support our clear Christian values underpinning school life
- Able to accompany groups on trips and visits
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Work with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
Can you offer us:
- Well-developed communication skills;
- A commitment to continuous improvement;
- Enthusiasm, adaptability and a positive outlook;
- Willingness to be involved in school life;
- A commitment to our Christian ethos.
If so, we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the School Business Manager.
Closing date: Friday 8th December at noon
Proposed Interview date: Wednesday 13th December 2023
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013, 2020. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St Aidan's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.