30 hours per week, all year round
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised, hardworking Site Supervisor, to fulfil this key role within our wonderful Academy. If you are someone who takes pride in their work and is committed to delivering the highest standards, then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Headteacher, you will be responsible for the estates and facilities management throughout the school. You will make sure that all statutory premises-related requirements are met and that our school is safe, welcoming, well-maintained, clean and an immaculately presented place to learn and work.
You will be expected to:
- Have a hands on approach to delivering an effective caretaking service.
- Supervise cleaning staff, ensuring that the school is clean and well maintained, providing direct, practical support to the cleaning functions of the academy including backfilling when needed.
- Carry out security procedures for the school and grounds.
- Be responsible for routine and emergency access to the school premises and grounds.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the main Health & Safety Regulations.
- Be committed to professional development and improving yourself and others.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our Academy
- Respect and follow the Christian Values of the school
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Motivated and experiences Governing Body and central Trust team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
30 hours per week with the working day normal core hours worked as below:
Monday to Friday: 7:30am – 10.00am and 2:30pm - 6.00pm
Please note that there is some flexibility with the working pattern, to be discussed and negotiated at interview.
During the school holidays these working times may be changed by mutual agreement to allow for deep cleaning, contractor works and ongoing maintenance or building projects.
Overtime will be paid for emergency call outs and any school lettings involving extra hours out of school time, based on the hourly rate of the Site Supervisor’s salary.
Closing date: Thursday 21st September at 12.00pm
Proposed interview date: Monday 25th September
We are a welcoming and dedicated team at St Barnabas. Our children are happy and motivated and eager to learn. If you think you can bring fresh energy to our team and are committed to excellence in learning for all children, then please apply.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St Barnabas C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.