37 hours per week, all year round
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised, hardworking Site Supervisor, to fulfil this key role within our wonderful Academy. If you are someone who takes pride in their work and is committed to delivering the highest standards then we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the School Business Manager, you will be responsible for the estates and facilities management throughout the school. You will make sure that all statutory premises-related requirements are met and that our school is safe, welcoming, well-maintained, clean and an immaculately presented place to learn and work.
You will be expected to:
- Have a hands on approach to delivering an effective caretaking service.
- Supervise cleaning staff, ensuring that the school is clean and well maintained, providing direct, practical support to the cleaning functions of the academy including backfilling when needed.
- Carry out security procedures for the school and grounds.
- Be responsible for routine and emergency access to the school premises and grounds.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the main Health & Safety Regulations.
- Be committed to professional development and improving yourself and others.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our Academy
- Respect and follow the Christian Values of the school.
We can offer you:
- A professional, supportive and collegiate working environment.
- Opportunities to develop through professional qualifications
- Clear Christian values underpinning school life.
- Happy, hard working and well behaved children.
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family.
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
37 hours per week with the working day normal core hours worked as below:
Monday to Friday: 7am – 10.30am and 2.30pm - 6pm
During the school holidays these working times may be changed by mutual agreement to allow for deep cleaning, contractor works and ongoing maintenance or building projects.
Overtime will be paid for emergency call outs and any school lettings involving extra hours out of school time, based on the hourly rate of the Site Supervisor’s salary.
Closing date: Monday 4th December at 1pm
Interview date: Tuesday 12th December 2023
Please ensure that you refer to the job description and person specification as only those applicants that meet the essential criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment with the Headteacher, Mrs Battersby.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St Silas Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.