We are looking to appoint an Apprentice ICT Technician to join our existing team at an exciting time in our ICT infrastructure journey. This is a new role and we are looking for an immediate start.
This is an apprenticeship position and you will undertake a fully funded 18 month programme, run by Academies Enterprise Trust. 20% of your working time will be dedicated to your learning. You will have dual line management for both technical and pastoral support and you will have meet with your trainer monthly as a minimum. You will have access to a learning environment e-portfolio, Smart Apprentice and your work and progress will be mapped against the apprenticeship standard.
You will play a critical part in ensuring our services enable all staff and students to access ICT in a Teaching & Learning environment. In addition, you would be responsible for ensuring that any disruption or downtime in our blended learning curriculum is minimised through both your reactive and proactive maintenance and repair of our ICT assets. No two days are ever the same in schools. Therefore, to excel in this broad-focused role, you will need the following outlook:
• Keen to learn new systems, processes, technologies, software and hardware
• Comfortable with change to keep abreast of our ICT infrastructure developments
• You’ll need to be a quick learner
• Be a genuine person who is positive and has an enthusiastic approach to your work
A keen interest in education is a plus – but don’t worry if you’re no specialist. We can fill in the gaps for you!
The ICT Technician role will be the first point of contact for all helpdesk queries so will need the ability to assess and prioritise the impact of the issues in order to diagnose and solve them as they arise.
What St Augustine Academy can offer you:
• Encouragement to develop your career
• A friendly, strong and supportive team
• A family atmosphere with welcoming staff and students
• A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
• To contribute as part of a whole school team – working together to achieve and valuing every individual’s contribution
Date of Interview: Shortly after the closing date.
Pay Spine: Year 1 Aged 16 - 18 , £4.30 per hour, Aged 19+, £4.30 per hour
Year 2 Aged Under 18, £4.62 per hour, 18 to 20, £6.56 per hour, 21- 22, £8.36, per hour 23+, £8.91, per hour
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.