SSA (One to One Support)
37 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly motivated, conscientious & creative SSA to join our committed & hardworking staff team. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
To support specific groups of pupils with Special Educational Needs to access education.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assist Programme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A recognised and relevant qualification (Social Care, Health, Education, Childcare or Community) at a level 2
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Advert End date: Monday 5th December
Proposed Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 12th December
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St George's School - A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.