Trust Governance Officer
37 hours a week, all year round
We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Governance Officer with experience in the public sector, particularly within a Multi Academy Trust (MAT) setting, that is looking for a rewarding new role. Our Trust is a family of distinctive Academies empowered to work together for excellence through shared Christian values. Working across Blackpool, Fylde, Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire, this is an exciting opportunity to join Cidari as we look to build on our recent successes and continue to grow and support our Academies and their communities,
To be successful in this role, you will have a thorough grasp of the laws that affect Multi Academy Trusts. You will need to be highly organised, proactive, and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills. All applicants will need experience in successfully implementing collective strategies and have familiarity with recording and preparing minutes and agendas, as well as an understanding of the wider compliance requirements for Multi Academy Trusts.
Transferable skills are welcomed, including but not limited to:
- Other governance sectors
- Education consultants
- Senior roles within similar school trusts
This is a new position as our organisation continues to grow and develop. The role is full time permanent and whilst this will require some physical presence both in the office and at our Academies, we welcome discussions around flexible and home working that still allow this role to deliver the support it demands.
- Provide efficient and effective support and advice to the Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinating a programme of regular evaluation of the quality of governance, including skills audits and individual reviews for those governing
- Act as a point of communication between the Trustees, Members, Trust Executive, Local Governing Committees, Headteachers and other stakeholders
- Clerking and arranging all Board, Sub committee and Local Governing Committee meetings. These can take place after school or during the early evening.
- Maintain a Register of Interests and advise directors on managing conflicts of interests
- Provide governance training to key personnel (Central teams and at Academy level)
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description and visit our microsite for this vacancy available through employer documents.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified to degree level/ level 6 or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience steering a self-evaluation of the quality of governance for a similar organisation or trust
- Excellent communication and mediation skills
- Experience of supporting a Directors’ or Governing Body
- Thorough grasp of the laws that affect Multi Academy Trusts (company and charity law)
- Experience with recording and preparing minutes and agendas.
Why should you apply?
- You will be working in a fantastic environment. Cidari is a close family of Academies working together for the benefit of the pupils, families and communities we serve.
- You’ll be entitled to 25 days’ annual leave rising incrementally with service.
- LGPS pension scheme
- Access to a wide range of staff wellbeing and support services
- Development opportunities.
Click employer documents to visit the microsite for this position and find out more information about the role and our Trust.
Cidari Education Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
How to apply
You can apply via the Eteach online application form.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a virtual competency interview with successful candidates being invited to final face to face interviews which will take place week commencing Monday 1st November.