Teaching Assistant (Level 3) with Welfare Assistant responsibilities
32.50 hours per week Monday to Friday, term time only
Fixed Term for 1 year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Great Marsden St John's C.E. Primary Academy in Nelson. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
- Working with the class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Work with colleagues to determine the specific learning, medical and physical requirements of individual pupils
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
Advert End Date: Monday 27th September at 1pm
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- SEN experience
- Previous childcare experience.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Proposed interview date: Week commencing Monday 4th October
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Great Marsden St John's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.