30 hours per week
Please note that applications need to be submitted through our catering partners website
About Aspens (Our catering partner):
Aspens Services Ltd is a market leading contract catering company specialising in school food. By combining our understanding of the education sector and our knowledge of what’s on trend in the food world, we encourage creativity and excitement in our kitchens, allowing our teams to do what they do best and provide fantastic food experiences for the children.
By providing excellent care and services to both clients and children, we have ensured the successful growth of the company and to keep up with the rapid pace of this growth, we are now looking for an experienced catering Manager to join the team.
As the Catering Manager you will have full operational and financial responsibility for your schools catering facility, focusing on delivering the highest quality of food and service as well as having the flair, originality and the ability to make this one of the best school catering offers in the area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Having full control of the catering operation including stock, food, and labour costs
- Ensuring consistency of food and service standards delivered to the students and staff
- Driving sales through monthly promotions and added value events
- Managing and improving all controllable costs
- Overseeing menu development
- Maintaining company systems & procedures, and legislation
- Carrying out regular audits to ensure standards are being met
We need someone who shares our passion for delivering exceptional food and service to our schools along with the following skills and experience:
- OND or HND qualified (not a deal-breaker but would be advantageous)
- Craft based experience using fresh ingredients
- Knowledge of health and safety practises
- Financial understanding of gross profit management and achieving sales targets
- Line management experience
- Experience within a similar environment
Why join us?
Firstly, fantastic hours. You’ll work Monday to Friday during school term time meaning more time with friends and family and no working at Christmas! You’ll also benefit from:
- 30 hours per week – with no late nights
- Working 39 weeks per year based around term time – what could you do with all that time off?
- £12.02 per hour
- Working for a fast growing, ambitious company. There is no ceiling here in terms of where you can take your career
- Based in a school in Burnley, BB12
- A dedicated L&D team to support you in developing your skills including apprenticeships and training courses that are available for everyone
- A positive working environment focused on staff well-being, student welfare, and high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
As an employee of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and you family.
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st March
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Newchurch St Mary's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.