Class Teacher (not suitable for ECTs)
Fixed term for 12 months
Darwen St James’ is a Church of England Academy, which is at the heart of the Parish of St James’ Lower Darwen & our own church, St James’, Over Darwen. We serve a local community catchment and area of high deprivation. We took leadership of our local Chapels Children’s Centre in 2012, and established our own Nursery Classes, for children 2-4 years. We became an Academy within Cidari (Blackburn Diocese Multi Academy Trust) in October 2014.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and outstanding class teacher to join our happy and supportive school community.
The team at St James’ is dedicated to fulfilling our vision,
''Our Academy delivers a purposeful curriculum through its living Christian faith. We nurture ambition in all our learners in order for them to become positive citizens of Tomorrow''.
What we offer
- A welcoming environment where the children enjoy learning, are positive, cheerful and well behaved.
- Professional, hardworking and motivated team of teachers and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
- Positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Development opportunities within our academies trust and investment in your professional development and future career.
- A positive working environment focused on staff well-being, student welfare, and high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- Eligibility to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
- An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- A team-player who is also able to work collaboratively and lead in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
- An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our school’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact on teaching and learning.
- A deep understanding of how learning occurs?
- A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment and the ability to articulate these?
- An understanding of the ways in which co-operative learning strategies and independent learning opportunities contribute to embedded learning and progress?
- A commitment to continuing professional development?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our school?
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities in respect of class teaching and raising standards?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our school, thereby positively promoting our school’s and the Trust’s vison and values?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
We are a small and friendly school, whose team work happily together, to enable our learners to enjoy and achieve of their very best.
Visits to the School are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th June
Proposed interview date: Week commencing Monday 19th June
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. For further information click here .
Darwen St James' C.E. Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.