An exciting opportunity to join our dedicated and caring team has arisen. Are you the person to join us? We serve a richly diverse, multicultural, multifaith and multilingual community. In our SIAMS inspection (June 2022) St Matthew's was described as "a place of hope and compassion", can you join us in providing hope to our community and be compassionate to those in need? Our vision leads us to ensure each member of our community can "Be blessed by God, be happy and aspire to be..." Are you the person we are looking for to join us in delivering this for our community?
St Matthew's has been serving the local community for 149 years. Our pastoral care for our families is described as “exceptional”. We are very proud that our care for our children and families is recognised and we expect all who seek to work with us to share this dedication.
What we offer
- A welcoming environment where the children enjoy learning, are positive, cheerful and well behaved.
- Professional, hardworking and motivated team of teachers and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
- Positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Development opportunities within our academies trust and investment in your professional development and future career.
- A positive working environment focused on staff well-being, student welfare, and high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- Eligibility to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
- An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- A team-player who is also able to work collaboratively and lead in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
- An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our school’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact on teaching and learning.
- A deep understanding of how learning occurs?
- A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment and the ability to articulate these?
- An understanding of the ways in which co-operative learning strategies and independent learning opportunities contribute to embedded learning and progress?
- A commitment to continuing professional development?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our school?
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities in respect of class teaching and raising standards?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our school, thereby positively promoting our school’s and the Trust’s vison and values?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
We are a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Closing date: Monday 27th November at 1pm
Interview date: Wednesday 6th December 2023
We have the following dates and times available for visiting the school. Please contact the school office to book a visit;
Tuesday 14th November at 2pm
Wednesday 15th November at 9am
Friday 17th November at 3.30pm
Tuesday 21st November at 9am
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013, 2020. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Preston St Matthew's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.