Level 4 Learning Support Assistant / HLTA
18.00 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, term time only plus 5 inset days.
Are you somebody who is passionate about working with children and highly motivated to help them to achieve the absolute best that they can in all areas?
We are looking for an individual who will work well as part of a team, is enthusiastic, committed and will support our Christian ethos.
We are looking for people who will:
- Support our Christian ethos, values and Mission Statement
- Complement our staff team
- Be an enthusiastic team player
- Be able to work independently, showing initiative and as part of a team
- Promote positive relationships with pupils, parents and carers
- Have a good working knowledge of the primary curriculum and excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and to a high standard both verbally and in writing
- Have a creative and practical approach to learning
- Have high expectations of both themselves and of the children
In return, we can offer you:
- A warm, caring atmosphere with wonderful children and families
- A dedicated and welcoming team of staff and governors
- An effective partnership with the Church and local community
- Mutually supportive partnerships between our Local Authority and Cidari Multi Academy Trust schools
- Continued professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
Please ensure that you refer to the job description and person specification as only those candidates that meet the criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
Please note CVs are not accepted. To apply for this vacancy you need to complete the online application form. If successful, pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken.
If you wish to discuss this role further, please contact Mr Mark Mackley (Headteacher).
Advert End Date: Friday 8th December at midnight
Proposed Interview Date: Tuesday 19th December
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
We are a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Preston St Matthew's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.