Pupil Support Worker
37 hours per week, term time only. 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
NJC Grade D SCP 7 - 11, Actual pay £18,587 - £19,987
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to lead and provide support for the provision of pastoral care at St George's School - A Church of England Academy in Blackpool. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Leading and providing support with addressing academic, behaviour, attendance and mental health needs of pupils to overcome barriers to learning through individual case work, whole academy awareness and everything in between.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A recognised and relevant qualification (Social Care, Health, Education, Childcare or Community) at a level 3
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- A relevant safeguarding qualification
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Advert End date: Friday 24th March
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 27th March
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education is committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St George's School - A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.