37 hours per week, term time plus 1 week
NJC Grade C SCP 5 - 6, Actual pay £18,533 - £18,871
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to ensure that a safe, effective and efficient laboratory technical service is provided for use by students and staff. The successful candidate will provide technical advice and assistance in the classroom to support students and to assist teaching staff with the provision of learning activities.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A recognised and relevant Science qualification
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Working knowledge of laboratory preparation techniques and procedures
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Advert End date: Friday 14th April 23
Interview Date: Monday 24th April 23
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education is committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St George's School - A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.