Teacher of English
Join a team that’s as ambitious as you are.
St George’s School, Blackpool is part of the Cidari Multi Academy Trust, offering high-quality education in a vibrant, traditional learning environment. We are dedicated to nurturing ‘the best from everyone’ and helping every student achieve their full potential in an academic, caring, inclusive community.
We are currently seeking a teacher who shares our vision.
‘Through appreciating and promoting the Christian values of dignity, hope, community, wisdom, humility and kindness, all members of St George’s are encouraged to be aspirational. We aim to positively impact upon each other and society so that we contribute to a world where, inspired by St Paul, we can ‘be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves’
As a member of our staff, you will be instrumental in laying the foundation of excellent standards of education and creating a stimulating and purposeful environment where our students develop a love of learning and can make excellent progress.
St George’s School is already Blackpool and the Fylde’s best performing school on 5+ English and Maths and the Progress 8 measure, and we are committed to driving even further success. We believe in delivering a quality academic education combining the heritage of modern ambition built on traditional values. As a teacher at St George’s, you will be part of a team that’s as ambitious as you are.
We’re also committed to providing first-rate training and development to all our teaching staff, plus excellent career advancement opportunities within the school. We expect the kind of exemplary behaviour that allows our teachers to do their jobs as effectively as they can.
If you share our passion for education and want to be part of a team that’s making a difference in the lives of young people, then we want to hear from you. Apply now to join St George’s School, where we support every pupil, whatever their background, to make real progress and achieve their full potential.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Motivated and experiences Governing Body and central Trust team
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Friday 7th April 2023 at 1pm
Proposed interview date: Tuesday 18th April 2023
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St George's School - A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.