Pupil and Careers Support Worker
37 hours per week, term time only. 8:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to lead and provide support for the provision of pastoral care at St George's School - A Church of England Academy in Blackpool. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Leading and providing support with addressing academic, behaviour, attendance and mental health needs of pupils to overcome barriers to learning through individual case work, whole academy awareness and everything in between.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A recognised and relevant qualification (Social Care, Health, Education, Childcare or Community) at a level 3
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- A relevant safeguarding qualification
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Advert End date: Thursday 26th January 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 30th January 2023
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
St George's School - A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.