32.5 hours per week
Baines’ Endowed Church of England Primary Academy is a large academy situated in the south shore area of Blackpool. We were judged as Good across all areas by Ofsted in January 2018 and were awarded Good with Outstanding features in our SIAMS Inspection in 2020. We hold the Primary Science Quality Mark, Eco-Schools Green Flag and most recently, we have been awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark’s Inclusive School Award with Centre of Excellence status.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, inspirational SENDCo and teacher to be part of our fantastic team, who will join us at this exciting time, to help lead our Academy as a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion and to continue to work to provide an excellent educational experience for all our pupils.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to join our vibrant school and nursery as we continue our journey towards outstanding. As a member of the Cidari Academy Trust, working within a proud Blackpool community, we work alongside other schools to continue to raise standards, whilst promoting a very distinctive Christian ethos.
We are looking to appoint a talented and committed professional with the qualities, skills and drive necessary to fulfil this key role.
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to join a proactive and supportive SLT, to lead a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion
- Strong Christian values underpinning all aspects of school life
- Friendly, supportive staff who work positively together
- Policies and practice that promotes and supports staff well being
- A culture of high expectations
- Quality CPD development
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team
- A school well-equipped for education in the 21st century
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits
- An experienced teacher and SENDCo, who has led SEN provision in a large primary school?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- A team-player who is able to work collaboratively and lead in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- A creative and inspiring practitioner with a willingness to embrace innovation to develop best practice?
- An energetic individual with an ability and aptitude for self improvement?
- Excited about joining an aspirational Multi Academy Trust with opportunities for networking, career development and leadership pathways?
- A deep understanding of how learning occurs and knowledge sticks for all pupils?
- A strong commitment to understanding the needs of individual SEN pupils and a desire to support each individual to achieve the best possible educational experience and outcomes?
- A current knowledge of the National Curriculum, combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and English?
- A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment for SEN pupils?
- A belief that children’s behaviour can be shaped and guided through positive reinforcement, fair consequences and by the example they see from adults and peers around them?
- A commitment to continuing professional development?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our Academy?
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities as a SENDCo and teacher, to raise standards?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our Academy, thereby positively promoting our Academy’s and the Trust’s vision and Christian values?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the Academy office.
Closing Date: Thursday 6th October at 12pm
Proposed Interview Date: Tuesday 11th October 2022
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Blackpool Baines' Endowed Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.