Special Support Assistant (SSA) x2
31.25 hours per week, 08:30am to 3:15pm Monday - Friday, term time only
Cidari Multi Academy Trust and the Governing Body of St Silas Church of England Primary Academy are seeking to appoint two experienced, highly motivated, conscientious & creative SSAs to join our committed & hardworking staff team, working with children in Year 2 and Year 3. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We have polite, hardworking, wonderful children and committed and supportive staff who work well as a team. Our governors are passionate about education and fully engage in our drive to excellence.
The suitable candidates will:
- work with colleagues to determine the specific learning and physical requirements of individual pupils
- have the essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification, including GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- Support other staff to ensure educational settings meet the needs of pupils
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- A warm welcome from a happy community with a strong Christian ethos.
- Confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning.
- The active support of parents and governors.
- Strong links with other local church schools and the local community.
- Opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits.
If you believe that you possess the above qualities, we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
Closing date: Wednesday 12th October at 12pm
Proposed interview date: Thursday 20th October 2022
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education is committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
St Silas Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.