A secondment opportunity will also be considered
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled Deputy Headteacher to join the SLT of our wonderful academy. The right candidate for this deputy headship will have recent successful leadership experience, for example, phase/curriculum leader, deputy headteacher or assistant headteacher. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire a varied team of teachers in new strategies to improve teaching and learning over the whole school and will deliver excellent teaching and learning in their classroom. They will be fully committed to promoting our ethos and will reflect the school’s vision and values by promoting and developing a learning and caring culture.
Castle View have recently become part of the Cidari family of academies, and stakeholders are looking forward to the many opportunities this change of status will bring. If you think you have what it takes to bring our shared vision to life, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A welcoming environment where the children enjoy learning, are positive, cheerful and well behaved.
- Professional, hardworking and motivated team of teachers and support staff committed to developing and raising standards.
- Positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
- Development opportunities within our academies trust and investment in your professional development and future career.
- A positive working environment focused on staff well-being, student welfare, and high standards of achievement and behaviour
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
- Eligibility to join the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Access to health and wellbeing support for you and your family
- Employment within a Trust committed to equality of opportunity and nationally and locally negotiated pay arrangements.
- Terms and conditions protected through a formal trade union recognition agreement with all the major education and support staff unions, and supported through regular JCNC meetings.
- Access to employee benefits & rewards through Perkbox
- Support the Head in delivery of the school vision, for all learners
- Lead the school in the absence of the Headteacher for assemblies, management decisions, budget control
- Take ownership of evidencing our improvement of outcomes for all learners
- Manage and motivate the support team, including TAs, lunchtime staff and all support staff
- Work closely with teachers to enrich and improve curriculum planning across all subjects and year groups
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Hold as a minimum, a B.ED or B.A & PGCE / PGDE or equivalent & have at least 4 years’ experience in teaching or leadership.
- Have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership.
- Have an innovative and creative approach.
- Be can excellent classroom practitioner and committed to high standards of teaching and learning.
- Have high expectations that motivate, support and challenge teachers and students alike.
- Be committed to high standards of the professional development of staff.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Closing date: Monday 20th February at noon
Interview date: Those successfully shortlisted will be invited to interview on either Friday 24th or Monday 27th February
Potential candidates for this role are strongly encouraged to visit the academy or to contact the Headteacher for an informal conversation.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education is committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established values and principles.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available below.
Castle View Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.