Teaching Assistant (Level 3) with Welfare Assistant responsibilities
32.50 hours per week Monday to Friday, term time plus INSET
08:30am to 3:30pm (TA) with one hour welfare cover and half an hour lunch break
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Great Marsden St John's C.E. Primary Academy in Nelson. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
Our vision for our children is:
Our children will experience love, respect, faith and success as unique individuals within our school community and the wider world, now and in the future.
Is this something you would like to contribute to? If you are passionate about working with children and making a real difference in their day to day lives, then please consider applying for this post.
- Working with the class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Work with colleagues to determine the specific learning, medical and physical requirements of individual pupils
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Motivated and experiences Governing Body and central Trust team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
Advert End Date: Friday 2nd December at 1pm
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- SEN experience
- Previous childcare experience.
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Proposed interview date: Thursday 8th December 2022
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Great Marsden St John's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.