Start Date: 1st September 2021
Actual Salary: £15,366
Contract: Permanent, term time only, 32.50 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 16th August 2021 at 9am
St Peter’s Academy is seeking to appoint a Science Technician to join our busy Science department within the Academy from September 2021.
This post is 32.50 hours per week and is term time only.
The successful candidate will:
Use specialist knowledge and experience to provide appropriate support to students with special educational needs. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
We are looking for candidates with experience and enthusiasm who are able to communicate clearly with staff and students.
The main duties of the post are:
• Organising and preparing practical resources
• Assist with the maintenance of a safe, working environment
• Keeping accurate records
• Assisting in the delivery of educational practical experiments
• Monitoring and maintaining equipment, reporting any hazards as necessary
• Monitoring stock levels of chemicals and equipment
• Keeping the lab spaces and prep rooms hazard free
The ideal candidate:
• Has a relevant degree or qualification, or sufficient demonstrable experience
• Has worked in a lab before and understands how to safely handle chemicals and equipment
• Has certificates in health and safety, COSHH, First Aid, or similar training to ensure a safe and reactive lab environment
• Be an excellent role model
• Be able to build positive relationships with students.
• Hold high expectations for all students in terms of behaviour and achievement.
• Be committed to working as part of a large team
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a mixed 11-16 popular Church of England Academy which puts Christian values, faiths and high standards at the centre of all we do. We serve the whole community of Stoke-on-Trent and welcome students of all faiths and none.
We have a vibrant and exciting learning environment which embodies our core Christian values and the belief that we can enrich every life.
We are proud of our staff and student wellbeing focus and we provide a comprehensive staff induction and NQT support programme with a highly commended on-going CPD programme for new and existing staff.
St Peter’s CofE Academy is a well-resourced school with a motivated and enthusiastic student body. The Academy is located in a brand new building in the heart of the city with excellent transport links by road or rail.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered.
St Peter's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.