Higher Learning Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
27.50 hours per week, term time only
Newchurch St Mary’s is a small Academy with big ambition. Set in the stunning Pendle landscape our school has served our community and families for over 145 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, conscientious & creative Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join our committed & hardworking staff team, at an exciting time in the life of our school.
The suitable candidate will:
- Be an excellent HLTA, with previous whole class teaching and group work experience essential
- Have experience of working as a Key Worker in EYFS
- Be able to deliver phonics
- Support KS1 and KS2 classes through school
- Have high expectations for children’s learning
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- Support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- A happy and caring Academy, with a distinctive Christian ethos
- Lively and responsive children, who enjoy school
- Hard working and dedicated team of staff & Governors
- Mutually supportive partnerships between our Local Authority and Cidari Academy Trust schools
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Motivated and experiences Governing Body and central Trust team
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits.
We are a small and friendly Academy, whose team work happily together, to enable our learners to enjoy and achieve their very best.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
We are part of Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013, a growing educational trust and part of the Blackburn Diocese. Cidari Education are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
Applications will only be accepted on a fully completed application form with supporting letter..
Closing date: Wednesday 18th January 2023 at 1pm
Proposed interview date: Week commencing Monday 23rd January
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our safer recruitment pre-employment checks on shortlisted candidates.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The above post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure & Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Newchurch St Mary's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.