Level 3 SEN Teaching Assistant (One to One Support)
30 hours, Monday to Friday, term time
The 30 hours includes 1-2-1 lunchtime duty
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Warton St Paul's C of E Primary Academy. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious & creative Teaching Assistant from September 2022, to join our committed & hardworking staff team, at an exciting time in the life of our school.
- Working with the class teacher to deliver excellent teaching and learning
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- To embrace and support our clear Christian values underpinning school life
- Accompanying groups on trips
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension Scheme
- Free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- NVQ level 3 or above qualification or experience
- Experience working with children of primary age in an educational setting
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- A can-do attitude
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Advert End Date: Wednesday 31st August at noon
Proposed Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 5th September
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions. Further information is available by below.
Warton St Paul's Church of England Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.