1st March 2021
Sir William Perkins's School
Competitive Salary, TPS & Benefits
Full Time,Part Time
Sir William Perkins’s School is a high-performing independent girls’ school for approximately 600 students aged 11 – 18 years. Our Vision is to build confidence, integrity and exc ...
Sir William Perkins’s School is a high-performing independent girls' school for approximately 600 students aged 11 – 18 years. The Head is a member of both HMC and GSA. It was founded in 1725 and is now on an attractive 12 acre site situated on the outskirts of Chertsey, a two minute walk from the railway station and very near to the junction of the M3 and M25.
The School has excellent facilities, having benefited from an extensive and building and refurbishment programme including a new staff room and kitchen and refurbished staff work room in autumn 2017. New Sixth Form centre, Drama Studio and Careers centre which opened in summer 2016.
The staff are thoroughly professional, highly qualified and knowledgeable, enthusiastic and passionate about their own subjects, as well as understanding the importance of the breadth of the educational experience that we provide.
The school is characterised by a warm and welcoming atmosphere and mutually supportive approach. Expectations of staff are high but equally, personal workloads are carefully considered by the Senior Leadership Team. There are plenty of opportunities for further appropriate professional development and a generous inset budget. All staff are equally valued for their part in the overall success of the school and there is a strong sense of fun and humour.
The governors are keen to ensure that staff remuneration is competitive and are continually reviewing the package to ensure that SWPS can attract and retain outstanding teachers.
Our Vision here at Sir William Perkins's School is to build confidence, integrity and excellence in a caring, innovative and happy community so that each students leaves having been given the best possible chance of achieving their full potential, taking with them sound values, a breadth of skills and knowledge, and ready to take on the world!
The aims of the School are:
- to develop fully as an individual
- to cultivate creative and practical skills
- to gain the qualifications they need to embark on - to grow in confidence in their chosen career
- to think independently
- to be a responsible, unselfish member of the community.
At SWPS our vision is for our students to be confident users of digital technology, equipped with the skills, integrity and confidence to excel in their education whilst preparing for their future careers.
Digital Aims (Teaching and Learning)…
• To use technology to enhance current good practice and to drive forward teaching and learning at SWPS.
• To strive continually to provide our students with the best possible access to learning.
• To offer our students access to a variety of learning styles.
• To encourage independent learning and equip our students for adult life.
• To have a positive impact on teacher workload and wellbeing.
• Learning does not stop as soon as you walk out of the school gate, it can take place anywhere at any time!
• Everyone at SWPS should be connected digitally to communicate, share and engage in learning (students, teachers and parents).
• To ensure that every student has access to an Apple iPad both in school and at home.
• Students bring the device to school every day and expect to use it for learning in and between lessons every day, anywhere in school.