Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 20 hours per week (Monday-Friday), 44 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: LW20 - £7,673.93 per annum (FTE £16,778.00)
Closing Date: Monday 28th September at midday
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join the catering team at Thomas Deacon Academy. The successful candidate will be committed to ensuring a high level of food preparation and service is maintained in line with expectations of the school and the Trust.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety are met and maintained. Most importantly, you will be the face of the academy’s kitchen, promoting a positive and friendly atmosphere and a warm welcome to all students, staff and visitors.
• Have basic knowledge of food safety and hygiene.
• Be able to work both as part of a team and individually.
• Be able to build relationships with young people and adults alike.
• Have experience working in a fast-paced catering environment.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.