Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon – Thu 7.45am – 3.45pm, Fri 7.45am – 3.15pm. 45
weeks (term time plus 1 week).
Salary: Actual salary £16,741.73 per annum (FTE £19,346.00 per annum)Closing Date: 28th September 2020Start: ASAP
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy (TDA) was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our team at Thomas Deacon Academy.
As a Cover Supervisor your role will be to teach classes to cover short term absence of teachers. You will teach the lesson that has been set by the usual class teacher, taking full account of the school behaviour policy and ensuring the quality of learning experience for students within the class. You should be able to respond to student questions and know where to direct them to gain extra help.
As a Cover Supervisor you will need to cover a range of subjects and be able to think on your feet and adapt quickly to the work provided. You will also need to be able to show authority in the classroom and manage student behaviour, using the Academy policy.
This role would be suited to anybody considering a career in teaching. Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
• Be passionate and dynamic about student’s learning.
• Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Please note – the Trust may decide to interview suitable candidates prior to the advert closing.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.