KS2 Higher Level Teaching Assistant
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
We are looking for a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join us at Thomas Deacon Academy Juniors. The role will be a Fixed Term Contract for one year until 31st August 2021.
The successful candidate would have the ability to provide teacher release working with the whole class, small groups and individuals. They would be able to support and aid the learning of pupils through clarifying and explaining instructions, ensuring the use of equipment and materials, and to provide continuous encouragement and motivation. The candidate would also be required to lead a group of other teaching assistants within the phase of year one and two. This would entail leading the appraisals and performance of those teaching assistants and providing support and advice to them as required.
They would have good knowledge and understanding of the local and national learning strategies to enhance literacy and numeracy. In addition, they would be able to effectively manage pupil behaviour, in line with Academy policies.
• Be passionate and dynamic about children’s learning.
• Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed
• Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Closing Date: 09/07/2020
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.