Job Title: Student Support Officer
Contract: Part Time/Permanent
Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8am – 4pm, Friday 8am – 3.30pm,
Weeks: 39 weeks per annum (term time plus 2 weeks)
Salary: NJC24, £24,995.56 (FTE £28,672)
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021 at Midday
Interview date Thursday 27 May 2021
Start date: 1 September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Student Support Officer for Year 10. The postholder will work closely with the Year 10 Progress Leader and Tutor Team to assist in the day to day monitoring of academic, social and pastoral progress of all students within their year group
• Have relevant experience of working in a secondary school.
• Have Maths and English GCSE’s A* - C (or equivalent)
• Have the ability to form strong relationships with students and colleagues across the Academy.
• Have an understanding of pastoral support system within schools
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic person to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on teaching at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding member of the team.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government Pension Scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Queen Katharine Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.