NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Where possible interviews will be held on site within our schools and we will adhere to our current Covid policy for external visitors. Otherwise interviews will be held remotely by teams or skype.
Full Time Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, Starting at 8am – 4.00pm with a 48 minute unpaid break.
Part time hours would be considered if the position could be filled by multiple part time employees
We have an exciting opportunity for a Caretaker to join our growing Estates team. We require a friendly, reliable, and flexible person who is conscientious and keen to make a difference and assist in keeping our premises and grounds to a high standard. Ideally you will have understanding of working in a school environment, have a good standard of maintenance experience and an understanding of health and safety parameters.
You will be responsible for general site maintenance with a varied skill set to include at least three of the following areas:
• general site maintenance (cleaning, litter picking, refilling consumables, etc.)
• able to use a variety of hand tools, drills, saws, etc.
• basic plumbing skills
• computer literate, using excel and word templates, etc.
• willing to drive a minibus
• manual handling (porterage) and working at heights (gutter cleaning)
Training can be provided on areas which you are not familiar with, where required.
THPT can offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
• Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
• Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
• Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
Interviews may happen earlier than the closing date by mutual agreement, early applications are encouraged.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.