April 2024 start if available. Permanent role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, dedicated, motivated and innovative Head of Chemistry to join us at Three Rivers Academy. We are looking for an inspirational teacher with the ability to create a nurturing learning environment, together with a commitment to bringing out the best in every student. The ability to teach to A level is desirable but not essential.
At Three Rivers Academy we are proud to offer a range of benefits and promote a healthy work/life balance:
- Teachers are offered 16% PPA time, significantly higher than the required 10%
- Generous ECT Welcome payment (up to £2,000)
- Recruitment and retention allowances available to attract the very best staff
- The vast majority of full-time teachers have their own classroom
- Directed time is kept to a minimum with after-school meetings lasting no longer than an hour and all school events calendared in advance
- All teaching staff are provided with a laptop
- Professional opportunities to share and grow within The Howard Partnership Trust with high-quality CPD opportunities at all levels from ECT to SLT
- School easily accessible via public transport
- Active staff wellbeing group
- An inclusive community which celebrates its diversity
You will be fully supported by the senior leadership team. Our outstanding staff and students make us a great place to work. When you join us, you will be supported and developed through our extensive CPD programme and given effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance. Working in our school within The Howard Partnership Trust provides a wealth of opportunities to include excellent career progression options. Regardless of your experience or level of responsibility you will have a range of exciting opportunities to ensure you are improving your craft.
We are looking for staff to join our team who are passionate about improving students’ life chances and capable of contributing to a highly effective and supportive teaching team and our extensive enrichment programme.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
Tours to the school are warmly welcomed, if you would like to request a tour of the school, or meet with us informally before applying, then please email the Recruitment Team.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Howard Partnership Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Values and Behaviours
We are a values-based organisation and seek to recruit individuals who can demonstrate our values.
Our values will be assessed through the selection process, so we ask all applicants when providing their supporting statement to also incorporate not only how they meet the essential criteria for the role but to also demonstrate our values.
Our values are:
- Integrity - displaying honesty and having strong moral principles
- Partnership - working together and taking collective ownership to achieve the same goals
- Advocacy - working hard on behalf of others to maximise their success
- Resilience - finding success again after something difficult or negative has happened
- Compassion - displaying empathy towards and a desire to help others
- Aspiration - aiming high to achieve success
Please ensure your supporting statement reflects our Values
We moved into a brand-new school building in February 2018 which offers spacious, modern and outstanding facilities. Three Rivers Academy is a school that maximises opportunities for young people to develop academically and socially in an environment that is stimulating, caring and supportive. This was recognised in the Ofsted report from May 2019 where the school was judged to be GOOD in every category.
Three Rivers Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.