Please note during the school closures, as a result of the current Coronavirus (COV-19), all interviews for teaching roles are still going ahead remotely via TEAMS
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am - 3.15pm, with a 30 minute unpaid break
Fox Grove School is expanding, we have only been open since September 2021, but we are now increasing the number of classes in Year R and Year 7. All members of the school community have been working together to embed a curriculum and learning environment that is enabling Fox Grove pupils to become successful independent learners. Fox Grove is part of The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT), a family of schools who work together to use and share a wide range of expertise and services.
Fox Grove School:
• Opened in 2021/22 for up to 64 pupils and then grow over four years to educate up to 152 pupils from ages 4 to 19 years old.
• Provides for pupils who have autism with complex social and communication needs.
• Benefits from brand new facilities in a purpose-built school.
We have exciting opportunities for Learning Support Assistants to join the team at Fox Grove School. This role supports the class teacher and the lead TA in all areas of the curriculum and the pupil’s EHCPs.
Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal skills and listening skills with a commitment to learning more about the world of Special Educational Needs (SEND). We are looking for people who can bring out the best in all our pupils.
Fox Grove School are looking for Learning Support Assistants from a wide range of backgrounds:
• Any employment background will be considered, we just need a commitment to bringing out the best in all Fox Grove pupils
• Anyone who is interested in learning more about SEND and/or education
• Mainstream practitioners who want to experience working with young people with SEND
• College / university leavers wanting to explore the world of education and SEND
Fox Grove will support your professional development to become outstanding classroom practitioners, this include:
• Being part of The Howard Partnership Trust that has expertise in all areas of SEND as it is a family of primary, secondary, specialist centres and special schools.
• Provide an opportunity for you to develop your expertise in SEND
• A comprehensive and interesting induction and training package including:
o TEACCH – supporting pupil independence.
o Behaviour for Learning – providing the best universal supports.
o Being a compassionate school
o Targeted interventions (Attention Autism, Augmented Communication, Zones of Regulation, Social Thinking and Emotion Coaching)
THPT can offer:
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation
• Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work, Sainsbury’s Loyalty Discount and access to discount schemes
• Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions
• Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date by mutual agreement
If you have any questions about the role or the application process, please contact the THPT Recruitment Team.
For more information about working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our website.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Fox Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.