Working 30 hours per week/39 weeks per year (term time)
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.45am -3.15pm with a 30 minute unpaid break
Do you want to have influence on the lives of pupils with special education needs? Do you believe in the values of safety, belonging, connection and trust? Then Fox Grove School could be the special school community for you.
Fox Grove is an all-age special school (4-19) which will enable you to see the amazing part you play in supporting pupils to become successful independent adults. The wide variety of needs will provide an excellent opportunity to gain experience from the pupils to provide the best teaching and support to empower them to reach their potential. Check out our Instagram page: foxgroveschool
Fox Grove School prepares each pupil with the skills & knowledge they need to progress independently to the next phase of their educational journey with a strong emphasis on personal development. Recognising staff well-being is at the heart of our school, so staff can best support our pupils to progress. This is supported by regular line manager meetings.
Fox Grove School will be expanding the number of pupils from September 2023. We are looking to recruit teaching assistants (flexible working requests accepted), for our new two new classes.
You will be part of a team of teaching assistants, who support the pupils by providing the best quality universal, targeted and specialist support in all areas of their Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP). A great training package is provided. With the right support in place, every pupil can access a broad & balanced creative curriculum.
Fox Grove School are looking for Teaching Assistants from a wide range of backgrounds:
• Any employment background will be considered, we just need a commitment to bringing out the best in all Fox Grove pupils
• Anyone who is interested in learning more about SEND and/or education
• Mainstream practitioners who want to experience working with young people with SEND
• College / university leavers wanting to explore the world of education and SEND
Teaching assistant professional development is of the upmost importance at Fox Grove. New knowledge is shared, and time is provided for teaching assistants to collaborate on what they have learnt and how this will impact on their classroom practice. Fox Grove will support your professional development to become outstanding classroom practitioners in your area of interest, this includes:
• The opportunity to support a personalised curriculum. Working creatively with others including specialists e.g., therapists.
• Being part of The Howard Partnership Trust that has expertise in all areas of SEND as it is a family of primary, secondary, specialist centres and special schools. Click here to find out more about the THPT Team.
• Provide an opportunity for you to be a lead practitioner in your area of interest e.g., academic or EHCP areas and to share this expertise with others.
• A comprehensive and interesting induction and training package including:
o TEACCH – supporting pupil independence.
o Positive Behaviour Management training – providing the best universal supports.
o Being a compassionate school
o Pedagogy of reading, writing and mathematics.
o Targeted interventions (Attention Autism, Augmented Communication, Zones of Regulation, Social Thinking and Emotion Coaching
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations.
The Howard Partnership Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Our values are:
Please ensure your supporting statement reflects our Values
Fox Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.