Start Date: 1 January 2022
Please note during the school closures, as a result of the current Coronavirus (COV-19), all interviews for teaching roles are still going ahead remotely via TEAMS
Would you like to be part of a brand-new special school community called Fox Grove School. All members of the school community will be working together to design and embed a curriculum and learning environment that enables Fox Grove pupils to become successful independent learners.
As a classroom teacher you will play a key role in bringing out the best in all your pupils.
Fox Grove School are looking for teachers from a wide range of backgrounds:
• Teachers with experience of working within a semi-formal environment and understanding of the Pre-Key Stage standards and Milestones for Learning
• Interest of taking a curriculum area lead and imparting knowledge to colleagues.
• Teachers who work in specialist centres and/or special schools
• A TLR maybe available for a teacher with the right level of expertise and experience
Due to open in September 2021/22 Fox Grove is an all-age special school (4-19) which will enable you to see the amazing part you play in supporting pupils to become successful independent adults. In September 2021 Fox Grove opened its doors to Reception, Year 3, Year 7 and Year 12 pupils. The wide variety of needs will provide an excellent opportunity to learn from the pupils to provide the best teaching and support to empower them to reach their potential
Fox Grove will support your professional development to become outstanding classroom practitioners, this includes:
• The opportunity to plan and deliver a personalised curriculum. Working creatively with others including specialists e.g., therapists.
• Being part of The Howard Partnership Trust that has expertise in all areas of SEND as it is a family of primary, secondary, specialist centres and special schools.
• Provide an opportunity for you to be a lead practitioner in your area of interest e.g., academic or EHCP areas and to share this expertise with others.
• A comprehensive and interesting induction and training package including:
o TEACCH – supporting pupil independence.
o Behaviour for Learning – providing the best universal supports.
o Being a compassionate school
o Semi-formal and / or formal curriculum
o Pedagogy of reading, writing and mathematics.
o Targeted interventions (Attention Autism, Augmented Communication, Zones of Regulation, Social Thinking and Emotion Coaching)
Staff, pupil and family safeguarding and well-being is of paramount importance at Fox Grove School.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, consideration of relocation packages, travel allowances and grants, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
Please note we would consider applicants who are looking part-time, if the full time role can be covered in this way.
To learn more about Fox Grove School and the new building and site please visit our school website
For more information about working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our website.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date by mutual agreement
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
Fox Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.