We are looking to recruit a number of Exam Invigilators to join our exams team.
These are flexible positions, for which full training will be given, with the opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support for students: To check students as they enter the exam room, ensuring that they are silent and removing any unauthorised materials and to assist students who require help or additional equipment during the exam
• Support for Lead Invigilator: To assist the Lead Invigilator in ensuring that students are provided with the correct papers and to ensure that the exam room meets awarding body requirements
• Support for The Curriculum: Demonstrate familiarity with the document ‘Instructions for the Conduct of Examinations’ (which will be supplied). If students breach these regulations a member of the Exams Office should be notified immediately
• Support for the School: To be aware of the emergency evacuation procedures and be prepared to assist the Lead Invigilator in carrying out these procedures in the event of an emergency
Invigilators may also be required to work in a small room or one-to-one with students and carry out the following additional duties:
• Make announcements to candidates at the start and finish of the exam
• Ensure that the correct information (e.g. start and end times, centre number) is displayed clearly on the board so that it can be seen by all students in the exam room
• Provide access arrangements (e.g. scribing, reading) to those students who qualify
Applicants should be reliable and friendly with a flexible approach to work. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team. You will need the ability to express a confident and reassuring presence to candidates in the exam rooms.
Closing date: Midday Friday 8th October 2021
The above post is subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure Certificate with Barred List check (child) via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting of welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.