The Priory Learning Trust is looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work at Priory Community School – An Academy in Weston-super-Mare. This role will suit a candidate who has a passion for Supporting Children with SEND. The role will be working 27.5 hours per week, term time only. This is a fixed term position for 1 year until 31 August 2022, subject to staffing review.
About The Priory Learning Trust:
The Priory Learning Trust is a Multi-Academy trust which supports primary and secondary schools in the South West of England. The PLT grew from a passion to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, of all abilities and social class groupings, in Weston-super-Mare and Highbridge. Our values at The Priory Learning Trust are Students First, Cherishing Staff.
What you will do:
• Prepare in collaboration with the designated team, differentiated materials appropriate to the Scheme of Learning. Support the delivery of these, both inside and outside of the classroom.
• Deliver elements of lessons planned by or with a teacher to a class or group appertaining to TA specialism.
• Take an active role in supporting and developing a culture of team working for the benefit of pupils, both individually and collectively.
• NVQ/VRQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
• Specific areas of expertise in supported learning.
• Ability to work flexibly within a team and motivate students.
Benefits of working for The Priory Learning Trust:
• Employee Assistance Programme
• CPD opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• Highly competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• Discounted gym membership at our Academies
• Discounted Nursery fees at our Academy pre schools
• Pension Scheme
• Flu Jabs
• 2 week October half term for Teaching Staff and term time only staff
• Amazing career progression and opportunities
• Regular social events
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Cycle to work scheme
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Proposed Interview date: 30 June 2021
“Priory Community School – An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”