HLTA (Art & Design Specialist)
Salary: TSAT Grade D £21,532 - £24,234 FTE (Pro rata salary for hours and weeks stated £18,642 - £20,981)
Hours: 37 hours per a week
Contract: Permanent, term time only + 5 days
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: 30/01/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a HLTA – Art & Design specialist to join The Portsmouth Academy. You will be joining our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff. The successful candidate will have a passion for Art and Design, with skill in drawing/painting/printing/sculpting/ceramics or photography.
You will need to hold a relevant Level 2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above).
You will need to have experience of working with KS3 and KS4 aged students as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- HLTA status is desirable
- A working knowledge of Art and Artists, of mark schemes and Adobe Photoshop would be an advantage, as would a knowledge of the materials used in class and ordering/stocktaking procedures.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.