The Vale Primary School is looking to appoint Learning Support Assistant`s on a permanent contract for both full time and part time positions. One of the positions would be based in our new Nursery, the other`s within the school. They will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified children with special educational needs. The successful individual will support the Class Teachers in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individuals, ensuring they attain the targets set. You will also support the school improvement plan led by the Headteacher, whilst promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school. They will also be expected to undertake Midday Supervisor duties as part of their working day. We believe in lifelong learning and would be interested to hear from candidates who are considering becoming an advanced teaching assistant or trainee teacher in the future.
What we are looking for
- Learning Support Assistant with experience in supporting children
- Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of a child whom you are supporting
- Able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Confident and clear communicator with parents
- Flexible with regard to other classroom work
About The Vale
We are a one form entry primary school serving the area of Langley Vale, Epsom, Headley, Ashtead and Tadworth. Our values underpin everything we do - Value every individual, achievement for all, learner centred education and enjoyment. As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
We are looking to employ someone to cover two contracts within the school, on a permanent basis:
Contract 1 – Learning Support Assistant
Hours: 26.25 hours a week (8.45-3.20pm), term time only plus 1 INSET days
Salary – GLF Associate 2- £20,809 FTE for 26.25 hours (actual salary £12,919)
Contract 2 – Midday Supervisor
Hours: 5 hours a week (included within the 8.45-3.20pm hours), term time only
Salary: GLF Associate 1 - £20,741 FTE for 5 hours (actual salary £2,452)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: 8th December 2023. We will review applications as they are received, and you will be notified if you have been successfully shortlisted for an interview.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve the right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.