Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early. Therefore, early application is encouraged.
Hours: Full - time hours 8am-4:30pm - 37 hours per week
Weeks Worked: 41 weeks
Pay: Grade L, Actual salary £21,967.00- £25,140.00
John Madejski Academy is a multi-cultural, multi-faith mixed comprehensive Secondary School in the heart of Reading where we celebrate our diversity. Years 7 to 11 are developing and rapidly expanding, and our Sixth Form has seen substantial academic success. Our students have a wide range of opportunities and PE and Performance Sport plays a significant part of school life here, with high quality sports coaching available through our performance sports programmes.
We couldn’t do what we do without our fantastic staff team, and we are looking for an organised and efficient Attendance Officer to join our team, working with young people and their families to improve attendance and inclusion at our school.
If you are looking for a role where you can continue your education career in an Attendance officer role, then we want to hear from you. Come and join us on this exciting journey to help every student in our school reach their potential.
All About You
Do you have what it takes to join us? The Attendance Officer we would like to join us will have:
• Experience working with young people and their families.
• Knowledge of the legal requirements surrounding attendance at school.
• Experience of inter-agency working and building effective collaborative relationships.
• Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
Why Work for us?
We think you will love working with us and here are some of the reasons why:
• We are a welcoming and supportive school with strong values and a caring ethos.
• Our staff are a hardworking team dedicated to helping children succeed.
• Our children are engaged and eager to learn.
• We have a supportive leadership team and wider school community.
• As part of The White Horse Federation multi-academy trust, we benefit from their support, encouragement, shared resources and outstanding CPD opportunities.
Why not come and see for yourself? We would love to welcome you to our school and show you around so that you can better understand our school environment. Please get in touch with the school office to arrange.
The White Horse Federation is a large Multi-Academy Trust in South West and South East England, committed to providing the very best education for our students. We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best they can be, and that is why you will find a wide range of professional development opportunities available to you when you join us.
We believe in valuing our staff, and one of the ways we can do that is by offering a range of benefits to our staff:
• Car Purchase Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Reward Gateway Discounts
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Excellent Pension Scheme
Ready to Apply?
We hope we have done enough to give you a flavour of what it is like to work here. If you would like come and join us, then please apply today – we are looking forward to hearing from you.