Full time - 37 hours
Salary based on all year round 52.1 weeks -WHF NJC M - £28,258 - £32,049
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at John Madejski Academy in Reading. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
As a Pastoral Leader you will lead a year group, being responsible for their pastoral care and ensuring excellent behaviour, attendance and safeguarding
As well as liaising with parents, staff and external agencies in matters relating to the behaviour, attendance and safeguarding of children.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Flexible, term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts through our benefits portal
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous experience of working in a pastoral role with children
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Why not come and see for yourself? We would love to welcome you to our school and show you around so that you can better understand our school environment. Please get in touch with the school office to arrange.
The White Horse Federation is a large Multi-Academy Trust in South West and South East England, committed to providing the very best education for our students. We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best they can be, and that is why you will find a wide range of professional development opportunities available to you when you join us.
Ready to Apply?
We hope we have done enough to give you a flavour of what it is like to work here. If you would like come and join us, then please apply today – we are looking forward to hearing from you.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this role, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. Please note that references will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
The White Horse Federation values uniqueness and recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value the contributions of all staff from a wide range of backgrounds and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. At The White Horse Federation, we believe that everyone should be treated with fairness and respect and share a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all of our schools. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and operate a fair recruitment process, free from discrimination against the protected characteristics, in line with the Equality Act 2010.