Do you like working with numbers and people? Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of young people? Then a finance role in The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) might be just what you are looking for.
The Mead Educational Trust is an energetic and dynamic family of 13 primary and secondary schools in and around Leicester. As a family of schools, we use our collective strength and talents in order to make a positive difference to our children, young people and communities. Every person who works for TMET has a role in helping our children succeed, from premises officers to teaching assistants to office administrators.
At the heart of all we do is a commitment to provide our children with access to a world-class education, our schools with excellent school-to-school support, and our staff with high quality professional development. Our people really are our greatest asset and we are always looking for ways to help them develop and grow their careers. We have a brilliant team of staff who support and encourage each other, within and across our schools and central Trust.
To work as part of the central Trust Finance team, providing an effective and efficient finance process to support the running and development of the Trust and its constituent academies.
Why choose us
- We have range of schools from the long-standing excellence of Rushey Mead to the vibrancy of our new schools, Castle Mead and Brook Mead in the city centre
- Brook Mead will have a new school building built by the Department for Education by 2024, so this is chance to be in at the start but with all TMET’s experience to draw on.
- We have strong financial record, with support from a central finance team and accountants
What we offer
- A supportive, positive working environment
- Support and networking with finance staff across the whole Trust
- Training opportunities including school business apprenticeships
- Membership of the excellent LGPS pension scheme
- Staff wellbeing and rewards
The right candidate will have
- Strong interest in finance and ideally experience in finance work (processing on a system)
- Attention to detail and accurate working
- Ability to work in a team supporting the needs of a busy school office
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
Deadline for applications: Friday 22nd December 2023
Interviews: Friday 12th January 2024
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
This post will involve contact with vulnerable groups (children, young people and/or adults) and is therefore, exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure check. This exemption means that shortlisted applicants for this post will be required to declare all criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands, and bind- overs both spent and unspent in their application, before interview and regardless of the passage of time.