A compelling and distinctive opportunity to join the founding team of staff at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Assistant Principal – Assessment and Curriculum to start in April 2023
Leadership Pay Scale points 10-14
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of thirteen primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy is the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2020. Brook Mead will build on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary academy, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment and was judged outstanding again by Ofsted in March 2022.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we are Building Better Futures Together! Staff united in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each pupil by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We are looking for subject enthusiasts and experts ready to take our pupils on an exciting journey through their subject, ensuring our pupils leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. If you want to lead expert colleagues in this exciting journey, then we would love to hear from you!
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of leaders who will lay the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• You will be able to grow into your role as the school grows.
• As a senior leader joining at an early stage of the school’s growth, you will have the opportunity to work on a number of fronts to deliver the vision for the school. This will enable you to have a breadth of experience before settling into a specialism in future years.
• We understand the importance of developing and growing our leaders. We know that our schools are only as good at our teachers and leaders. As an Assistant Principal you will have the opportunity to work with Principals and leaders in TMET, as well as access to exceptional training, including nationally recognised qualifications such as NPQSL.
• Curriculum is king with the discipline of each subject respected and fostered so that pupils really can benefit from the best thought, said and created in every field of human endeavour.
• Professional learning and coaching are available to all and within the school day, underpinned by the Instructional Coaching framework so there is every opportunity to grow as a leader and teacher.
• Staff wellbeing is a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Rushey Mead, Kibworth Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice will be research informed in every area of work and we will focus on a few key priorities rather than be seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to help build better futures!
Closing Date: Monday 28th November at 9am.
Interviews: December 5th onwards.
Position Start Date: 17th April 2023.
Salary: Leadership Pay Scale points 10-14
Application Pack including job description and person specification, Assistant Principal, Brook Mead Academy
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.