A compelling and distinctive opportunity to join the founding staff team at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Learning Support Assistant - LG Band 3, Point 5-6 (Actual salary £18,007 - £18,335)
Hours of work: 36 hours per week, Mon to Thurs 8am to 4pm with 30min lunch and 8am to 2:30pm with 30min lunch on Fri.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of thirteen primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester and Leicestershire. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy is the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2019. Brook Mead builds on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary school, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment, placing it year after year in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we will be Building Better Futures Together! Staff and pupils are united in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each scholar by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We want to ensure our scholars leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant who will join the team and work with our SENDCO to support scholars with additional needs to access our rich curriculum.
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of staff who are laying the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• Professional learning and coaching is available to all and within the school day so there is every opportunity to grow as a practitioner.
• Staff wellbeing is a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Kibworth Mead, Rushey Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice is research informed in every area of work and we focus on a few key priorities rather than be seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to be build better futures!
Closing Date: Monday 6th February 2023 at midday
Interviews: Feb/March 2023.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: LG Band 3, Point 5-6 (Actual salary £18,007 - £18,335 pro rata from the full time equivalent of £21,768 - £22,165).
Hours of work: 36 hours per week (38 weeks - term time + 3 professional learning days) Mon to Thurs 8am to 4pm with 30min lunch, Fri – 8am to 2:30pm with 30min lunch
Supporting documents: Application Pack including job description and person specification.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.