Teacher of French
Location: Leicester, city centre.
Closing Date: 27th January 2023, 12.00pm
Interviews: January 2023
Position Start Date: 17th April 2023
Opportunity for an ambitious teacher to hone their craft and make a positive difference, as part of The Mead Educational Trust.
In August 2019, Castle Mead Academy, a non-selective secondary school, opened its doors and welcomed our first year 7 cohort. Since then, we have never looked back! By 2023, our eight-form entry school will be at capacity with a cohort of 1200 scholars. Building on the success of Rushey Mead Academy, Castle Mead is making available in the heart of Leicester a standard of education matching the very best schools in the country so that every scholar leaves us with high value academic qualifications and wider positive dispositions to enable them to lead fulfilling lives.
The opportunity to work in a growing school, is like no other. When you start a school from scratch like we have, it is a golden opportunity to put in place all of the amazing things you have heard and read about from the best schools in the land – but in one place, here in Leicester! As we now cross into our next chapter, having recently just moved into our new state-of-the-art school building, join us and help to build a genuine legacy of your own, alongside colleagues who are aligned in their values.
We are recruiting a team of like-minded experts to help realise our vision and “Grow a Community of Excellence.” This is a rare opportunity, so as we challenge convention, lead without preconception and are unapologetically ambitious on behalf of our scholars.
This is a unique opportunity to lead in a school where:
• there is a premium on subject expertise with subject leaders given autonomy to shape their subjects;
• there is a cherishing of each subject discipline with no generic “one size fits all” approach;
• a knowledge rich curriculum in each subject gives our scholars access to the best which has been thought and said in every field of human endeavour;
• there is a pristinely calm orderly environment with rigorous routines so as teachers can teach and scholars can learn;
• there is an emphasis on staff professional growth, with integrated professional learning, deliberate practice and instruction coaching;
• we distribute leadership, consistently consider staff workload and want to just keep getting better;
• we moved into a new £37m building, on the picturesque riverside, in August 2021!
If you are ambitious, persistent and open-minded, with a genuine passion for learning and young people, then we want to hear from you. We are looking for teachers who:
• are driven by their values to develop a powerful educational offer;
• are subject enthusiasts;
• understands that pastoral care is all of our responsibilities;
• knows we must have sky-high expectations of all;
• are seeking to lead on developing and implementing a knowledge rich curriculum in their subject and implementing it one year group at a time in a well-planned and coherent way;
• want to grow as a leader in a growing school.
Yes, we seek someone who has a genuine moral purpose and belief that everyone is capable of excellence. We seek a colleague to join us to bring a no excuses approach, to ensure every child has the very best offer that they deserve.
We know that carefully considering the way we do things and how this impacts on our school culture is of paramount importance.
The successful candidate will grow alongside our other leaders as part of our excellent team and have the opportunity to develop curriculum and practice together year by year. The Principal, other colleagues and the wider TMET family of schools will support the team to develop, providing coaching and access to training through our Teaching School.
Please submit your application by 27th January 2023. For further information, a confidential discussion, to book a visit to Castle Mead Academy or any technical queries please contact Tom Hague, Principal, by email or telephone
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Castle Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.