1:1 Teaching Assistant
Salary: TSAT Pay Group2 £20,252 -£23,918 per annum FTE - Pro rata to £14,426 - £16,825 for hours and weeks stated
Please note this is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn
Hours: 29 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Location: Brixham College
Closing Date: 25th September 2022
We have an exciting new vacancy for a 1:1 teaching Assistant at Brixham College. You will play a pivotal role in enabling pupils access to learning by supervising and assisting pupils (one to one) across a wide range of activities and supported learning activities. You will promote the development of the physical and mental well-being of pupils as directed by our teachers.
Your new role :
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- You will Assist with the planning of learning activities by identifying and preparing resources required to support lesson plans, learning outcomes.
- Prepare materials/equipment (e.g. books, pencils, art supplies, sort games, AVA equipment) preparing and clearing up activities with the pupils.
- Maintain classroom resources and designated areas.
- Assist with all activities to support learning outcomes using the teachers planned teaching and learning method.
- Provide unobtrusive guidance and support to enable pupils to find answers to questions and tasks set, using knowledge of each pupil’s differing levels of development and ability to ensure progression and continuity.
- Supervise individual or small groups of pupils undertaking teacher–led learning activities by co-ordinating and explaining basic instructions for the activity, adjusting activities within the scope of the lesson plan and learning outcomes in response to pupils’ learning.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Access to an exclusive competitive discount scheme across national retail stores
- Free parking in our staff carpark
Brixham College is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school located in Torbay. The College is committed to serving our local community, championing inclusion, and seeking innovative ways to engage students and their families. To find out more about our school click here.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Brixham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.