Administration Officer for Governance & Compliance
TSAT Support Payscale C £17,632-£19,769 pro rata'd for part time hours
Hours – Part time, annualised hours, equivalent to 5 hours per week based on 8 hours for full board meeting and 6 hours for a committee meeting. Outside of Governance meetings hours are worked on flexible basis
Closing Date 9th December 2020
Interviews 15th December 2020
Start Date: W/c 8th February 2020
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools, working together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. Our Trust currently consists of 16 schools, 11 Primary and 5 Secondary, based across the Portsmouth, Medway and Deal areas.
This position will be based in either the Chatham or Portsmouth Central offices based at either New Horizons Childrens Academy, Chatham or Meon Junior School, Portsmouth. However, a significant proportion of work and meetings can be undertake remotely, with home working. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a diverse and exciting role!
We are looking for a highly organised administrator who has an eye for detail and a can do attitude to join the team. The successful applicant will have the confidence and character to work across all levels staff and fit within the Governance team.
You will have a high level of organisational skills and the ability to minute take Board of Director and committee meetings.
The majority of Governance meetings that will need to be attended will be at or after 4pm. Other hours worked to administrate meetings are worked on a flexible basis.
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
- You will be given a Trust laptop upon commencing the position
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
- A pro rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent administration skills and office experience
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Hardworking individual
- Experience in either minute taking or education
- Quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level of administration support to our schools and the Central Trust team
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in order to reach the best outcomes at all times
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Confident with meeting new people
- Able to work independently with a can do attitude
- Able to work from your own initiative
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
- Full driving licence and able to occasionally travel between our schools
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.