Apprentice Receptionist/Admin Assistant
Salary: Apprenticeship Grade £5 per hour
Hours per week: 37 hours per week, term time only
Contract: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 24th October 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require an Apprentice Receptionist/Admin Assistant to join us to at New Horizons Children’s Academy. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist by providing a range of administrative support and reception service.
You will need to hold a relevant GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above. Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our school and join our Trust!
What you will need to succeed:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills
• Ability to be flexible
• Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff.
• Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
o Think about their Thinking
o Be their Best self
o Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our trust
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Georgina Spratt at g. spratt @ tsatrust .org .uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school