JOB TITLE: Assistant Office Manager/ Assistant Exams Officer
Salary: TSAT Grade D pro rata (£17,960 - £20,671)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent – Term Time + 5-10 days
37 hrs a week covering 7.30-4.30 - to be agreed
Closing Date: 18/04/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require an Assistant Office Manager/ Assistant Exams Officer to join The Victory Academy. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist in supporting the Office Manager and Exams Officer by providing a range of administrative support and reception service.
We are looking for someone with excellent all-round IT skills and the ability to be flexible. You will provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff. Supporting the management of all aspects of academy qualifications/ examinations. You will have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…” Ofsted 2017
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal chat with the line manager of this position please contact the Kealy Davidson
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.