Attendance and Admissions Officer
Salary: TSAT Grade D £21,532 - £24,234 (Pro rata £20,294 - £22,841 for hours and weeks stated)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours, term time + 20 days
Closing Date: 05/12/21
Interview Date: TBC
We require an Attendance and Admissions Officer to join Goodwin Academy to promote excellent attendance and punctuality to reduce student absence levels and organise all admissions.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust has been ranked as the highest performing trust in the South East and in the top 15 academy trusts in England, out of more than 100 – 2020 DfE report
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging key stage 3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal. At Goodwin, we are committed to transforming the life chances of our students, ensuring that all are supported and encouraged to achieve their personal best. We deliver this through the BEST Agenda - ‘Be Your Best’ with BEST being an acronym for B = Brilliance, E = Enrichment, S = Society and T = Thinking.
What you will need to succeed:
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and adhere to GDPR protocol to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- Be a team player and be able to liaise with Academy staff, Trust staff, the Local Authority, relevant outside agencies as well as parent/carers, as well as being able to work under your own initiative.
- The ability to work accurately and in a timely manner.
- The ability to comply with TSAT policies and procedures.
- The ability to develop and maintain initiatives to motivate pupils to achieve outstanding school attendance.
- The ability to produce and interpret information relating to attendance patterns.
- The ability to complete and return Persistent Absence data to the Local Authority and to report on attendance data to the senior leadership team.
- Be educated to a good standard, having 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths, at grade A-C or equivalent.
- Have working knowledge Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SIMS software is desirable.
- The personal commitment to improving the life chances of all our students.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- A stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Danielle Bowden – d.bowden @tsatrust. org. uk to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.