(Full or Part Time Opportunities Available)
Grade C £17,632 - £19,769 (Pro-rata £16,678 - £18,700)
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Working pattern - 5pm-10pm Monday to Friday and 8AM - 6PM on Saturday
*Please note we are also open to applicants seeking part time work and would encourage anyone interested in part time options to contact the recruitment team to discuss further
Thinking Facilities are looking for a Caretaker to assist the Facilities Manager with overseeing the day-to-day tasks at Goodwin Academy in Deal. On occasion there will be limited travel to other Trust Schools in Kent.
You will be a responsible person and competent in all aspects of site maintenance. It is imperative that our Site Team successfully manage our school premises and associated facilities, ensuring that the premises are secure, safe and well-maintained at all times to reflect the standards of education and behaviour within the school.
What you will need to succeed:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Practical skills in maintenance and cleaning
- Provide a high quality of customer service
- Health & Safety awareness for members of the public and staff
- The ability to work independently and be comfortable as a lone worker
- Flexibility of working hours
- Experience of working within an Academy/School is desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly schools, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.